Monday, July 26, 2010

Seeing my son achieve something great

This past weekend, when we were in Ohio, we were at a house with a pond. In the pond was a bunch of fish. Now there were a couple of people fishing. Isaiah decided that it looks like fun. So somehow he asked the one guy if he could try. Fortunately the guy was real patient and taught Isaiah how to cast his line. I was watching Isaiah cast his line. Every time he did, I thought for sure that someone was going to get a hook in themselves. I was about 50 yards away and I looked over at Isaiah and his line was really tight. I am thinking to myself, "could he have caught a fish?" So I go running down to the water and sure enough he did! Wow!
Now the catching the fish is cool and everything. But the part that I loved was the look on his face. He was so proud and so excited. Seeing that in my son's eye was great. Knowing his determination just to cast the line out and then being able to catch that fish. He was darn near speechless. But then after that speechless part wore off, he was telling everyone. I loved seeing that look of accomplishment on his face!

No comments: