Monday, May 10, 2010

Accepting purpose

Today a friend of mine and myself had the opportunity to meet with some one who basically lost all purpose of living. Now this guy I honestly feel knew the Lord. I think he truly did. But he was at such a low point in his life that he was ready to die. We talked with him for a while. I think what he was failing to realize is something we often forget to realize. What he was failing to realize is that God was not finished with him yet. If we are still here on this Earth, God still has plan for our life. We talked to this guy. Listen to what he was saying. Got him a turkey sub. Drove with him to his old house. Spent about 2 hours with him today. I hope by spending the time and saying what we did, that he will find his purpose. That he will find that God is not finished with him. I pray and hope that he will receive the healing that he needs.
At the same time, I am grateful to be used by God to talk to one of His creations in a time of need.

No comments: