Sunday, May 9, 2010

50 Years and going strong

Every year at district conference we recognize certain anniversaries in the ministry. We have 15 years, 25 years, 50 years, and retirement. The 15 and 25 year guys I think "good job guys, keep up the good work." But when I see the 50 year guys, I am in awe. I look at those men and are amazed. Some of them, I know and have spent time with them. To think about serving God for 50+ years is just amazing. Now what that does for me is it makes me want to keep going. It encourages me to see the men who came before me and to continue the work that they started. The one thing I wish we did (maybe I will suggest it) is to gives those 50 year guys an opportunity to share wit the rest of us five minutes of wisdom. I would love to hear what they had to say. I have been an official worker with the Christian and Missionary Alliance since 2000. Wonder what it will be like in 2050?

No comments: