Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good bye Olympics

I am sitting here watching the closing ceremonies for the Olympics. I am going to miss them. I love the pure athletic competition. I will admit I love the cheesy life stories. The stories of those athletes who have overcome so much just to be there. I love to see the reaction of the face on those winners when something they have trained for all their life is now coming true. I wish however, they would show more of those people who did not finish first. I am talking about the athletes who just finished. I realize that the network coverage wants to show all the events and there is just not time to show the "also ran" athletes. I get that. I know we all talk about how the Olympics are overly commercialized. Hey it is expensive to do what they do, so if commercials pay for the expenses, good for them. The athletes are still just trying to their best. So I leave these past two weeks with fond memories. The worst part about the whole deal: Now I will once again have to worry about what to watch on TV at night, bummer.

No comments: