Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Thoughts

What an incredible weekend. So much happened. Let me tell you some of the highlights:


  • Got to see Heather's grandma on Saturday. It was a blast, and the food was wonderful

  • Richland Community Day happened without Bakerstown Alliance this year. The cost/reward factor was just not there anymore

  • The Olympics are going to make me very tired. I just can't stop watching them at night :)

  • Sunday was nice, it wasn't too hot. Now don't worry, I still sweated like crazy

  • Felt there was a good vibe on Sunday, liked it

  • Bob Keener shared about his cancer treatments, wow that guy is amazing. He trusts God for everything. You have to love that

  • Then for the highlight of the weekend -- We had a baptism party!

  • 5 People got baptized

  • I asked them all "why do you want baptized?" Those answers were priceless -- they were raw, real, and much better said than I could have ever said myself.

  • 5 people! wow!

  • Then we had food -- not just any food. But lots (aka I ate too much) of good food

  • It was great

  • 8 Wins for Kyle Bush...that is impressive

  • Did you see the 4X100 relay? I was trying to go to bed, and next thing you know I am sitting up yelling at the TV and then celebrating, it was great

  • Got up at 6:45 a.m.

  • Why? To run of course. But not just 1 mile or 2 miles or 3 miles, or even 11 miles or 12 miles or 13 miles. I ran 18! wow! Felt good! Did not walk at all!

  • Next week I think I am only scheduled to run 12 miles, nice break.

  • My wife is the greatest person in the world.

No comments: