Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ouch! That hurt!

What hurt? My whole body from my run today. For some unknown (to anyone with a brain) reason, I thought it would be good to run 15 miles today? Why? Why would I think that?
But in all seriousness, I made it, which was the goal for today. I think honestly, this whole marathon thing is probably the hardest thing I have ever done, physically speaking. Man it just tears you up and spits you out. I still hope to do the Erie Marathon on September 14th. Got a couple more killer long runs (a 17 mile and a 20 mile) in the next couple of weeks. After that, it is the grand daddy of them all, the Marathon.
I have set a couple of goals:
  • Baseline Goal = FINISH
  • Realistic Gaol = 6 Hours
  • BHAG (Big Harry audacious Goal) = 5.5 Hours

So that is what I am working toward. On one hand I am really excited. On the other hand I am truly petrified (and no I am not talking about everyone's favorite Christian rock band from the 80's/90's)

1 comment:

B.W. said...

u should prob run in the homeless awareness month 5k with me and jaime. i forget the date tho.