Thursday, August 28, 2008

Call the Calvary

Today I received a prayer request. This is not an unusual thing. It happens quite frequently. As I have mentioned before we use a system called One Call Now. Now what happens is I call a 1-800 number, punch in a bunch of numbers, record the message, punch a few more numbers and it starts calling.
Since we have been using this system for a year, I generally know about how long it will take before it starts calling people (less then 1 minute!). After you are done with everything it says good bye and you hang up.
I was just sitting there, getting ready to move on to the next task, when I started to envision everyone's phones starting to ring. It was neat. I heard the sound of a bunch of phones ringing in my head. I thought about it for a little longer and realized that the Calvary had been called. I got the picture of this army of misfits being assembled and doing battle.
The whole concept just got me really excited today. So I had to share with all of you :)

No comments: