Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ties

No I am not talking about ties in sporting events (however coming to think about it maybe I am). But I was actually thinking like ties that you wear around your neck. Who came up with this idea? If you ask me I think it is silly. But with that being said you can get far with a good neck tie. Honestly I am not a tie guy. I don't know what it is. It feels like is going to choke me. Maybe that is just me. Now even with my dislike of ties, there has to be a point in life where it is worth wearing it. Actually come to think about, my first job, bag boy at a grocery store, I had to wear a tie. So I survived then. In college to eat lunch in the dining hall on Sundays (which was the best meal of the week) we had to wear a tie. Needless to say I would, hey for good food why not right? So what is the point where wearing a tie is worth it? And can anyone really tell me what the point of a tie is? And who came up with the whole tie tying process, and what was he thinking?

1 comment:

Blake said...

I actually love wearing ties. I'm kind of addicted to them. (Weird!) Anyway, I think the French came up with the tie. Probably for some royal or status reason.