Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our job and God's job

This is one of those times that I need to remind myself of something. It is our job to plant the seeds. It is God's job to grow them. I sometimes wish it was not that simple. I wish that there was a way to make sure that seed grows. I wish that I could be the one to make it grow. It is not that I want to be God or anything like that. It just pains me to invest so much time and energy into a persons life and see them throw it away. I wish I could say that this happened only once to me. Or that this will not happen again. Or that this is a "first." Sadly it is not and will not be the last time.
Then I think about God. Boy, He sees his creation screw up time and time again. He invested his time and energy in our lives, and we rejected Him. That would stink huh?
Investing time and energy into people lives does not always turn out the way we would want. I know that can hurt. I know that can be discouraging. But fortunately, our job is to invest in people lives. What they do with it, well, that is God's job.

2 comments:

Bakerstown Alliance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HB said...

Good post. As your dad told me today, sometimes all you can do is help pick up the pieces when it's all over.